Ashimala Mu! Ngolosyo!
Hello folks, Gurung New Year is here. Let’s share joy and happiness with each other make “Tamu Losar” a fantastic event! The greetings cards and wishes you find here are free to share on social media.
Tamu Losar Wishes & Greetings
- Happy Losar to all the Gurung Communities residing around the world!
- Wishing you a Happy Losar 2078 for all the Gurung community all around the world. May this year bring peace, joy, and happiness.
- I am sending you good wishes, warm thoughts, and honest prayers. May you get blessed on this occasion of Tamu Losar! Happy Tamu Losar.
- Wishing you a pot of Good Luck, Good Times, and Good Friends to share it with. Happy Tamu Losar.
- Best wishes and Happy Tamu Losar to all Gurung community in Nepal and abroad on the occasion of this Lhosar.
- May this Losar brings lots of happiness, prosperity, and joy in your and your family’s life. Happy Tamu Losar!
- Happy New Year (Tamu Losar) to all the Gurung people spread across the world.
Tamu Losar Greetings Cards
Tamu Lhosar or Losar?
There are sometimes confusing to pronounce whether to write Lhosar or Losar, but it is pretty much the same. It was first written Lhosar but people also write it Losar just for easiness. Actually, Lho means year or age and Sar means new or fresh. That makes the word Lhosar means New Year or beginning of a new era. So, if you want to be precise, then write Lhosar.
What is Tamu Lhosar?
Tamu Lhosar is a big festival of Gurung People. Tamu = Gurung, Lho = Year, and Sar = New. So we can clearly say that Tamu Losar or Tamu Lhosar is the new year of the Gurung community of Nepal. Tamu Losar is one of the Losars, Sonam Losar of Tamang Community, Gyalpo Losar of Sherpa. Tamu Losar is originated from the Tibetian community and Buddhism has highly influenced it.
Who Celebrate Tamu Losar?
Gurung people of different parts of Nepal celebrate Tamu Losar. Gurung community is one of the 59 indigenous nationalities of Nepal. They reside primarily in the mountainous region of Nepal. The word Gurung is derived from the Tibetan language “Grong” which means farmers. But Gurung people called themselves “Tamu” which stands for horseman in the Tibetan Language.
Gurung is an ethnic group living in different parts of Nepal. They are densely populated in Mustang, Manang, Kaski, Gorkha, Lamjung, Parbat, and Syangja district.
When is Tamu Losar in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024?
Tamu Losar generally falls on the last day of December. After this day, the Gurung community assumes their new year. Following are the date for Tamu Losar in the next four years.
|2020||30 Dec||Wed||Tamu Losar|
|2021||30 Dec||Thu||Tamu Losar|
|2022||30 Dec||Fri||Tamu Losar|
|2023||30 Dec||Sat||Tamu Losar|
|2024||30 Dec||Mon||Tamu Losar|
|2025||30 Dec||Tue||Tamu Losar|
How is Tamu Losar is Celebrated?
Tamu Losar is celebrated by singing and dancing to the cultural songs, gathering with friends and family, relatives. They share happiness and joy with each other. Gurung Community organizes programs that reflect the Gurung culture and traditions across the country.