Happy Maghe Sankranti 2023 Wishes
Make sure you send warm Maghe Sankranti Wishes to your relatives, family, and friends on the auspicious occasion of Maghe Sankranti. Here is a collection of wishes you can share and spread the love:
Maghe Sankranti 2023 Wishes and Greetings
- Wishing everyone a warm and festive Maghe Sankranti as we bid goodbye to the cold & welcome a new agricultural season!
- Best wishes for a happy and prosperous Maghe Sankranti! I hope the Sun God fulfills all your wishes on this auspicious occasion. Happy Maghe Sankranti !!!
- Our positive thoughts hold the power to build, bend, or break our circumstances. I wish you a positive and prosperous Maghe Sankranti to all!!!
- I wish that you touch new heights just like the kites on Maghe Sankranti. Wishing you a successful year ahead Happy Maghe Sankranti!
- May your life is blessed with love.
May your life be blessed with Lakshmi
May your life be blessed with happiness.
Happy Maghe Sankranti!
- Wishing you and your loved ones a very warm and prosperous Maghe Sankranti. I wish you have lots of opportunities and success in the future. Happy Maghe Sankranti !!!
- May this Sankranti burn all sad moments and bring you the warmth of joy, happiness, and love. Wishing you a very Happy Maghe Sankranti.
- The sun starts its northward journey and begins its journey towards greater heights and success! Same like, I wish you and your family a very happy Maghe Sankranti. #HappyMagheSankranti #GreetingLines
- May each and every day of your life is blessed with bright sunshine and cheerful challenges to make it a wonderful year. Happy Maghe Sankranti !!!
- I hope you always soar high just like the colorful kites that dot the sky.
I hope this Maghe Sankranti brings you rays of joy and hope. Happy Maghe Sankranti!
- Wishing you and your family happiness, warmth, wisdom, and moments you cherish for the entire year ahead. Happy Maghe Sankranti
Maghe Sankranti Messages and SMS
- Look Outside
It’s so pleasant!
Sun Smiling For you
Trees Dancing for you
Birds singing for you
Because I requested them All to wish you
HAPPY MAGHE SANKRANTI!
- May this Sankranti fills your life with happiness and peace. Wishing you a very Happy Maghe Sankranti! Have lots of fun and celebrations.
- Warm wishes for a Maghe Sankranti filled with sweet moments you will cherish forever!
- I hope the rising sun on Maghe Sankranti fills your life with abundant joy and prosperity. Happy Maghe Sankranti!!!
- Remember: Our thoughts hold the power to build, bend, or break our circumstances. Wishing you a positive and prosperous Maghe Sankranti!
- This harvest season brings you lots of prosperity & positivity.
Wishing you and your family a special Maghe Sankranti!
What is Maghe Sankranti?
Maghe Sankranti in Nepal is celebrated on the 1st of Magh (Nepali Calander – falls around mid-January). Nepalese celebrate this festival as the beginning of the month of special Magh. From this day, the sun starts moving toward the Northern Hemisphere. So, there is a scientific and religious connection associated with Maghe Sankranti.
All over Nepal, people take a ritual dip in holy rivers like Devghat, Chitwan, Narayani. All family members get together and enjoy a meal like Sesame seed laddus, molasses, Chayote root, ghee, sweet potatoes, Potatoes, and yam. On this day, Hindus worship Lord Vishnu by offering pujas and reading the sacred Bhagwad Gita.
In the Terai part of Nepal, the Tharu community celebrates this festival as Maghi (New Year). It lasts for 5 days where they get together with families, friends, and attend Mela. They also eat varieties of meat like spicy chicken, pork, goat meat and Dokri (steamed bread made from rice flour.
Tharus are Nepali ethnic groups living in the Southern part of Nepal. This is a holy season and sacred month so, the Marriage rituals happen in this season.
How Nepalis Celebrate Maghe Sankranti?
On this day people take a holy bath in different rivers like Devghat, Sapta Gandaki, Bagmati in Nepal. It is believed that bathing helps to cleanse all the past sins. People also make laddus from Till, Chaku. Different communities from different regions celebrate this festival in their own way.
Newar community make Chaku (made from concentrated sugarcane juice, jaggery, ghee, and nuts) and eat on Maghe Sankranti. Nepali Hindu people celebrate with special local delicacies, including fish, beaten rice & taro potato as shown in the picture below.
If you love our posts the consider following us on our social media channels Twitter@GreetingLines and Facebook@GreetingLines, our you can directly reach us via Contact Page.