Happy Sankranti Wishes presented by Greeting Lines 💞💞
Makara Sankranti (also spelled Makar Sakranti or Sankranthi) is a mid-winter Hindu festival of India and Nepal. In Nepal, Makar Sankranti is called Maghe Sankranti. This festival is celebrated to mark the transition of the Sun from Sagittarius to Capricorn during the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere (or the beginning of Uttarayana).
On the auspicious occasion of Makar Sankranti here Greeting Lines presents you the best Sankranti Wishes, Greetings, SMS, Status, Messages, and cards that can be shared for free. Send these Makar Sankranti wishes and messages to your friends, relatives and loved ones ❤️ to make their festival more auspicious.
Happy Sankranti Wishes and Greetings
- May the auspicious festival of Makar Sankranti fill your home with joy.
Have a wonderful Makar Sankranti.
- I hope you are blessed with peace, prosperity, and good harvest this Makar Sankranti.
- Wishing you and your family happiness, warmth, and moments you cherish today and forever.
Happy Makar Sankranti
- My sweet and warm wishes for a happy and prosperous Makar Sankranti! I hope the god fulfills all of your wishes on the auspicious occasion of Makar Sankranti.
- I wish the rising and bright sun of Makar Sankranti fills your life with bright and happy moments. Happy Makar Sankranti!
- May there be happiness and merriment,
May there be success and fulfillment,
My special wish for you on this auspicious occasion Makar Sankranti!
- As you joyfully celebrate the festival of Makar Sankranti and welcome the harvest season, this greeting is sent to your way, to wish you everything, which the occasion meant to bring. Happy Makar Sankranti!!!
- Celebrate this day with a heart filled with cheer and forever sending my warmest greetings to you and your family and loved 💞ones this Makar Sankranti!
- Warm wishes to you and your family for Makar Sankranti.
Makar Sankranti SMS (Pongal Wishes and Greetings)
- May you blessed with good health, good luck, peace, joy, happiness, and prosperity! Happy Makar Sankranti!
- May the kites of your progress always be high and may your life be prosperous always. Happy Makar Sankranti!
- The sun rises with new hope. Kite fly with the vigor, crops are ready to be harvested. All denoting hope, joy, and abundance. Happy Makar Sankranti!
- May there be happiness and merriment, may there be success and fulfillment, all this I wish for you on this auspicious occasion of “Happy Makar Sankranti”.
- May you reach the exhilarating new heights of success. Happy Makara Sankranti.
- Welcome and celebrate the “Makar Sankranti” festival with a heart filled with happiness and gratitude. May this festival beautiful harvest, and brighter days ahead. Happy Makar Sankranti!
- May this Pongal brings luck and prosperity to your home and fill your heart with harmony and happiness. Happy Pongal!
Some Interesting Facts About Makar Sankranti
- “Makar Sankranti” is made up of two Sanskrit words “Makar” and “Sankranti”. The meaning of Makar is “Capricorn zodiac sign” and Sankranti is “transition”. Symbolizing the transition of the sun into Capricorn zodiac sign.
- This festival is celebrated across South Asian countries like Nepal, Myanmar, Bhutan, Thailand, and Cambodia.
- In India, it also signifies the arrival of the spring season in India.
- Makar Sankranti is also associated with the harvest season and it is believed to be the first day of the new harvest season.
- During Makar Sankranti, people of all ages gather together and fly colorful and decorated kites with their friends and family.
- People enjoy delicious foods and sweet dishes with their families, relatives on Makar Sankranti day.
- In south India, Makar Sankranti is known as Pongal. It is celebrated mainly by the people of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh states.