Table of Contents
When Does India Celebrates Republic Day?
Every year, India celebrates Republic Day on 26 January. India has been celebrating Republic Day since January 26, 1950, after the commencement of the Constitution of India. So, here at GreetingLines, we have compiled the collection of Happy Republic Day Wishes that you can share with your friends.
Happy Republic Day Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Quotes
- A thousand salutes to this great nation of ours. May it become even more prosperous and great. Happy Republic Day!
- Hope peace reigns in your part of the world today and everyday, Happy Republic Day!
- Freedom in our mind,
Faith in our words,
Pride in our hearts,
Memories in our souls,
Let’s salute the nation on Republic Day!
- One nation, one vision, one identity, “No nation is perfect, it needs to be made perfect” My Identity, My India. Happy Republic Day!
- Our national flag stands out for
The saffron – Strength, and courage,
White -Peace and truth,
Green – Fertility, growth & auspiciousness!
Happy Republic Day!
- Celebrating the spirit of India, Feeling joy and pride of being an Indian. Sending you my warm wishes on “Happy Republic Day“.
- We did not get our freedom in a flash but it took many decades and numerous struggles of our freedom fighters for the attainment of independence. Let us remember their sacrifices. Happy Republic Day!
- Saluting India! Where each bud blooms in its true colors, where each day is a celebration of the unity, harmony, and synthesis! Happy Republic Day!
- On this special day (26th January), let’s promise our motherland that will do everything to enrich and preserve our heritage, our ethos, and our treasures.
- We the youth of India should Take,
The pledge that till our last Breath
We will fight against Terrorism,
We will fight against Corruption,
We will protect our mother INDIA
With all, we have, JAI HIND!! Happy Republic Day
- May India always hold a prestigious position on the map of the world. This Republic Day let’s wish for a safe and happy life of all citizens.
Happy Republic Day!
What is the Difference Between Indipence Day and Republic Day?
There is sometimes confusion between Independence Day and Republic Day in India. The fact is Independence Day means the day when India gained independence from the British Colonial whereas Republic Day refers to the day a country has become a republic. Independence Day represents the FREEDOM and Republic Day represents progress. So, simply saying, Independence Day is for celebrating freedom and Republic Day is for celebrating Progress.
In India, Independence Day is celebrated on the 15th of August whereas Republic Day is celebrated on the 26th of January each year.
How is Republic Day Celebrated?
On Republic Day, the Indian government gives a gazetted holiday. There are several events (cultural programs) organized throughout the country to remember the special day. Large military parades are held in the capital and the state capitals. Representatives of the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force and traditional dance troupes take part in the parades.
Indian prime minister lays a wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate to remember soldiers who sacrificed their lives for the country. Likewise, the president takes the military salute during the parade while state governors take the military salutes in state capitals.
On this day, bravery awards and medals are given to the people from the armed forces and civilians. Armed Force’s helicopter showers the rose petals to the parade field. Children from different schools sing and dance on the parade events. The parade concludes with a “fly past” by the Indian Air Force, which involves fighter planes of flying past the dais, symbolically saluting the president. Fighter planes leave trails of smoke in the colors of the Indian flag.
Other Posts: 50+ Sweet Happy Birthday Wishes